<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Tales of Pot Noodles, Disappointments and a Monster
Well, looks like I might still be able to produce children, despite the best efforts of my father-in-law (curse him). Did another 10km yesterday and around 14km today. I'm not going to be able to sit down at this rate!! Still, I have discovered that it is a necessity. We went into Seville yesterday to do a bit of shopping and I was particularly after the new Real Betis shirt (they are my in-laws team and it is their centenary and, as I'm a big footie fan, it had to be done!). Bugger was, they have a tendency to produce shirts that are a little, how shall we say, skin tight. This was all well and good a couple of years back when I was relatively slim. Now, however, years of booze and Pot Noodles have started to take their toll. When I put on the shirt when I got home, I was rather shocked to discover that I had managed to conceal a spare tire about my person. Well, I say conceal. I was greeted with a chorus of guffaws and I immediately decided that the cycling is necessary if I have any hope of turning my life around. I don't intend on looking like the Michelin man in my mid-30s. Screw that. Pot Noodles will have to take a back seat for now.

Anyway, Seville looks much better now the road works habve calmed down. However, my once vociferous support for the new tram system is starting to make me look foolish. Although the streets look much better, they poles used to support the tram lines are ridiculously large and rather too in your face. They decided that black would be a good look, leaving the city a mass of black poles and wires, rather spoiling the view of the cathedral. Dammit, Seville, your making me look silly with my 'it will be great when it's finished' routine. Sort it out pronto!!

On the plus side, a new music/technology place has opened in the centre. Hard to beleive that they didn't have a single reputable record shop these past few years. This one is called fnac and it is pretty impressive. I was certainly happy when I walked out of there with Rage Against The Machine - Live At The Olympic Auditorium, Radiohead - Meeting People Is Easy and Monster by REM (the only REM album I have ever really got into, but then it was released in 1994) - all for under ₤20. Result!! Right, I need to go for a walk before my bums stiffens up. Adios!

Labels: , , ,

posted by korova @ 3:27 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 9/01/2007 9:36 pm, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    i totally didn't need the mental image of your bum and the word stiff. :P

    glad you're enjoying yourself. :)

     
  • At 10/02/2007 7:42 am, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    echo echo echo ...

     
  • At 10/06/2007 6:41 pm, Blogger korova said…

    Oh God!! So sorry!! How rude of me to ignore your comment!!! I have been a little busy of late, but I will post here soon (and I will post on comment on your blog too)!!

    Many apologies!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates