<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Advertising Scum
Do ever have one of those moments when something just pops into your head? For no reason whatsoever? Guess that's why they invented blogs so idiots like me can just type out any old crap just to get it out of their system. Today, my mind turns to the evils of advertising. Before I start, apologies if this comes across as a Bill Hicks rip-off, it is just that it genuinely annoys me. Grrrrr. Right, where was I? Oh yes, the thing that annoys me.......

Am I the only one who gets thoroughly hacked off by twatty non-celebrities hawking their wares in the name of flogging some useless junk that you don't really need? My particular favourite is the one with bloody Carol Vorderman (who, by the way, I used to idolise when studying for my maths GCSE). She pops on the screen with her gurning, 'I'm trying to look like a sexy mathematician', overly made-up face wittering on about loans and alike. A famous mathematician? Flogging loans? How wrong is that, on any level? All the poor people who look at her and say: 'Well if she thinks it's ok.......'. All for a fat fee to spend on ever more elaborate ways to make her look like a 'sexy mathematician' (can there really be such a thing?).

I mean really, they are scum aren't they?? As far as I am concerned as soon as they put their name/music/gurning face to anything, they have lost my trust. They are nothing more than a front for one of the bastard corporations that are slowly ruining the world in which we live. Thank God there are still bands with integrity (Pearl Jam/Radiohead) to counteract the 'what am I selling today' gimme yer money wank like U2.....Sorry, I don't know what that was all about. I wrote this at lunchtime at work, must have been a bad moment. Now I'm home and I have a cup of tea, it all seems so pointless. What was I going on about? And the really stupid thing is that I will still post this anyway. What a fuc.....................................
posted by korova @ 1:37 pm  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates