<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Fountains Of Vomit and Suicidal Carols
So Christmas is nearly here. Whoopeee! I used to love Christmas. So much so I used to be violently ill on Christmas Day, projectile vomiting and everything. Hey, we were poor and we had to make up for a lack of any decorations. I would find it hard to open any presents because I was shaking with excitement (now I shake due to alcohol poisoning!). Now I kinda have a rather blase attitude to the whole thing. Guess it's age and my ever developing grouchiness with life in general.

One thing I cannot abide, are Christmas songs. Any Christmas songs. Carols, pop songs, novelty records. All total shite. I doubt man could have devised a greater method of torture than making people trudge round depressing high streets whilst this kind of bilge is blasted out of every shop front. I once worked in a shop that played Christmas songs all day every day, for a MONTH. Suicide was becoming a very real possibility. Thank Christ (oh, little bit of blasphemy there) I don't work in such a place now. After all, I have a wife to think about. I don't won't her hearing that her husband has killed himself in some horrible Christmas Carol type mishap. That would really put a dampener on things.

So, ban all Christmas songs....NOW!!! They suck. And while we are at it, let's reclaim Santa from Coca Cola and make him green again! I'm gonna ran a campaign for next Christmas to reclaim Santa from the corporate whores. Oooops, wrong blog.

posted by korova @ 11:11 pm  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates