<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Christmas....Bollocks More Like........
Many things upset me in this world (hard to believe I know, but keep with me on this one) but amongst the utter awfulness one thing shines like a beacon above all else (literally). 'And what is this one thing' I hear you cry. I'll tell you my friends, as you have been so patient. What really pisses me off is those stupid sods who cover their houses in Christmas lights and animatronic Santas. The bastards. I mean how annoying are they?? Especially in soddin' October! Back in my day, it just looked tacky. We would mock the muppets at the end of our street who turned their home into Santa's bloody grotto every year. They were ritually laughed at (and then ritually slaughtered).

I was watching the bloody atrocious GMTV this morning (a fatal mistake that I have barely recovered from. I'm still picking bits of liquidised brain off my floor now) and they were celebrating this. That's right, they were clapping like the gormless fools that they are lapping up this shite. 'C'mon everyone, let's celebrate the morons and their brand of sub-culture'. Yes, let's. And then, when we are finished clapping like brainless morons, perhaps we could consider the amount of electricity they are consuming to maintain their stupidity for another season. Then let's consider the sheer waste of human life in setting the bloody thing up. Add up the total time spent over a lifetime of indulging in such stupidity, I'm sure it would be roughly equivalent to the time Shakespeare spent on writing his entire back catalogue, and that was mostly shite in my book (and I'm an English Lit. graduate!!!).

Yeah, come on everyone, let's celebrate the culture of the terminally stupid. After all, in these trying times, when the nuclear holocaust is just around the corner, you need twinkly lights and animatronic Santas just to get through this shit, right?

Sexy Cow Update: So far we have one vote in this 'yes' camp. Come on, this is far better than pissy Christmas lights and you know it!!
posted by korova @ 8:44 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 10/13/2006 1:03 am, Blogger wes said…

    I vote for the sexy cow. :)

     
  • At 10/13/2006 8:01 am, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    haha. i'll have to take a photo of the house down the hill from mine. they have over 100 inflatable santas, angels, reindeer, snowmen, you name it on their lawn and roof EVERY SINGLE FREAKING YEAR. i cannot imagine what their electricity bill is for November and December. at least they wait 'til November to put them up. i can't believe that there are people already putting their decorations up. we have that here too. i think i'll protest by boycotting putting up any Christmas decorations at all this year.

    oh, and i vote for the sexy cow.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates