<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
So Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007!
I stole the following from Wes, hope he doesn't mind!!

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Dressed up as various characters and went to Northern Europe.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No I didn't and no I won't.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin a month or so back.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? This year I visited Denmark and, very briefly, Sweden. Highly recommended, if you have pots of cash!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A better understanding of Spanish.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 22nd June, for personal reasons (sorry, too personal to share).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Two things I guess. Being accepted for an MSc Econ and having a couple of extracts from 'the other blog' printed in The Guardian.
9. What was your biggest failure? Another year passes by and still no great novel lurks in the dark recesses of my mind.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new mobile that sends photos direct to my blog, and plays music, and plays videos - cool.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Hugo Chavez, for that speech at the UN.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Anthony Charles Lynton Blair.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, beer, food, DVDs & CDs. In that order.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The release of the new Pearl Jam album - well worth the wait.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Probably Map of the Problematique by Muse. No particular reason.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Happier b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, sadly c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing poems or working on a novel. Something I haven't done for sometime now.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Perhaps slightly less blogging. Sometimes I think I do too much.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? At home with the wife.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Errr, unless you count still being in love with my wife!
22. How many one-night stands? None.
23. What was your favorite TV program? The State Within, Have I Got News For You, The Mighty Boosh, That Mitchell and Webb Look and the totally superb Time Trumpet.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Still hate the same people I have always hated.
25. What was the best book you read? Noam Chomsky's Failed States, as advertised by Hugo Chavez.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? A toss up between Massive Attack and Millionaire.
27. What did you want and get? A portable DVD player.
28. What did you want and not get? The moon on a stick.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Hidden, Primer, Börat
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? It was my 30th and I went out with a few friends to a Morrocan restaurant.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting to see Pearl Jam
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Disinterested.
33. What kept you sane? The blog I guess, although on reading it I guess it is hard to tell.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? My beloved Jennifer Aniston, much to my wife's annoyance!
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The Israeli war against Lebanon made me realise that I had to change my blog. Otherwise, almost every political event of 2006 made me angry, apart from the victories of Ortega and Chavez.
36. Who did you miss? No-one.
37. Who was the best new person you met? In reality - no-one really. In the alternative reality of the internet - several people.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Let people make their own mistakes.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: 'Life's a match in a gas tank/Don't ever mourn the ebbing tide/Just dance on fire and enjoy the ride' From Pendulous Thread by Incubus.
posted by korova @ 5:10 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 1/03/2007 10:55 pm, Blogger The Neath said…

    You travelled Northern Europe dressed as various characters? Interesting. How does your wife put up with you? Especially as you're demanding enough to want the moon on a stick. I imagine you were disappointed at christmas once again.
    "It's not moon shaped. I'm not opening it."
    : )

     
  • At 1/07/2007 10:35 am, Blogger korova said…

    Yes, yes I did. And they all pointed at me with sticks and laughed. And I cried when I didn't get a moon shaped present. I mean really, is that too much to ask??

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates