<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Jammy Bastard
I thought it was about time I posted on my trip to Spain (ok, I know a little late, but my other website has been very busy). Perhaps the greatest highlight was a trip to Donana Park (a World Heritage Site) near Seville.

The trip came about because some friends of the in-laws own a company producing olive oil (so we get loads for free which is very useful!!) and just so happen to know the director of the park. They very kindly arranged for us to have a VIP trip around the park with the director for free. However, we were told that if any politicians wanted to visit the park, he would be unable to guide us around the park and the whole trip would be cancelled. Luckily, no-one else did ask to visit, so we got out exclusive tour. Apparently, he normally takes world leaders on the tour he gave us, including Blair and Aznar, so we were incredibly fortunate to see parts of the park that the public don't normally see.

Sadly, I was feeling like utter shit on the day as I was suffering from chronic hayfever (bloody great timing) and I kept falling asleep in the back of the jeep (I know, very embarrassing) as a result of the medication. There I am getting a very exclusive tour of one of Europe's most important parks, and I fall asleep!! Idiot!! Still, it was an amazing experience, right down to going inside the house that Blair stayed in when his family went on holiday with the Aznars in the park. Sadly, I didn't get a photo of the house, but I got plenty of the park itself.




















Labels: , , , ,

posted by korova @ 5:02 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 3/24/2007 9:44 pm, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    awesome photos.

    oh, and you can always say that you were just bumming up on your siesta taking talents if anyone asks. right? seeing as though you said it was kinda difficult sometimes. hehe.

     
  • At 3/25/2007 7:52 pm, Blogger korova said…

    Thanks for the kind words am. As for the siesta thing, I hadn't thought of that!

     
  • At 4/03/2007 1:38 pm, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    hellllllloooooo! anyone home? or is school eating you alive?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates