<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Friday, February 16, 2007
One Become Two
Just heard that Audioslave have split up. I know that they weren't the greatest thing going, but I really liked their last album, it was far better than their previous efforts. That said, they were never going to match the heights of either Soundgarden, or Audioslave. The comparisons were perhaps unfair, but they were certainly inevitable. Thankfully, the band members have got other irons in the fire.

Cornell is working on his second solo album which, if the Bond tune is anything to go by, is likely to be a top effort. Being a massive fan, I obviously checked out Euphoria Morning and, although it had some quality moments, it left me unfulfilled. I guess it was too soon after Soundgarden had split and those ugly comparisons reared their heads again. Unfair I know, but Soundgarden were an awesome band (although, dammit, I never got to see them live). So, I'm excited about the new release, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, I've been disappointed to often before.

The other good news is that RATM are re-forming for a one-off festival appearance. How we could have done with their brand of political activism over the past few years. Still, here's hoping that they reform and once more become the 'voice of the voiceless'. Maybe Audioslave splitting is no bad thing after all. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
posted by korova @ 8:59 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 2/20/2007 2:03 am, Blogger wes said…

    Sorry man, but I was so happy to hear that Audioslave broke-up. I found their music watered-down, uninspiring and mostly just boring. I would love to see RATM get back together and make music again, but I am not getting my hopes up. But at least I won't have to put up with anymore new Audioslave music. :)

     
  • At 2/20/2007 1:02 pm, Blogger korova said…

    Jeez Louise, that's harsh. Ok their first two albums were disappointing, but their latest was top drawer! I'm certainly looking forward to CC's latest. Should be awesome!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates