<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Sunday, September 03, 2006
¡Hola Mis Amigos!
¡Buenas diás amigos! ¿Como ésta? Muy bien. Right, that's about as much as I can manage at the moment!! I guess you have no doubt figured out that I arrived in Spain safe and sound, albeit more than a little tired. We left our house at 2.20am this morning, a time previously known in my youth for heading home, not heading out....crazy times indeed! Needless to say, I had a little kip when I arrived at our destination and I now feel fully recharged.....watch out España!!!

Our journey was, however, frought with stress and little oddities. The queue to get into departures was horrific, usually at this time of the morning we stroll right through. It took a full twenty minutes to get through to the other side! And the departures lounge was no better. As you know, I need to have a newspaper everyday to keep up with events so that I can update Mask on a regular basis. The queue in WHSmiths for a newspaper went right around the store - another twenty minutes of my time wasted!! Consequently, we had to go without breakfast, another minimum requirement of my visit to an airport.

Anyway, back to the security before the departures lounge. It was quite a strange sight. Everyone was checking their luggage due to the latest (over-the-top) restrictions and worried whether they would be able to take it on board. More bizarrely, when we got to security, we all had to take our shoes off!! It was quite weird seeing all these people standing bare foot waiting to be passed through. When we eventually got through, my bag was examined thoroughly by the security chappy, which was fair enough. I could not believe, however, the old dear next to me who also had her bag examined. Believe it or not, she thought it would be a good idea to take a vial containing salt (which was for, get this it is so middle-class, picnics!!) and some talcum powder!! And she complained when it got taken out!!! Now whether you think the terrorist threat is real or, as I tend to believe, exaggerated, surely it would dawn on you that it is not a good idea to take white powdery substances in your hand luggage?? Or is it just me??

When we eventually got onto the plane, things took a dramatic turn for the worst. We got stuck in front of a baby who just would not stop screaming and crying. And what did the mother do?? Nothing. Just let her scream and scream for a full hour (as well as periodically kicking my chair the little shit). Thankfully, I had my MD player so once we hit cruising altitude i got to block it out with a hit of Muse (although my wife still had to suffer!!). Why do they do that? Why can't the mother have made at least some attempt to calm her down and stop her bloody crying? I guess as we don't have children it is difficult to judge but, bugger that, I am a judgemental git!!

Anyway, it is bloody hot here, around 42ºC I think. Too hot for me!! And to think, it was bloody raining when I left England as well. Hey, I might even get a tan and lose my pasty white appearence....but then, perhaps not if I keep posting on my blog!!
(Do you know, it is actually really weird using blogger in another country. Everything is in Spanish and, as the Spanish language is phonetic, there is no spell checker!! Apologies if there are any awful mistakes, I just can't be bothered to check!!)
posted by korova @ 4:50 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates