<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
A Taste of Spain
If anyone is even considering visiting Seville at the moment, I would avoid it! The city is a horrible mess of construction work, due to the tram line that is currently being built in the centre. It will benefit the city in the long term as it will alleviate some of the pollution, but at the moment the area around the cathedral is not a pretty sight. Luckily, I am not here as a tourist so it doesn't really bother me but if you want to take loads of nice photos, you are probably out of luck. This is what the area around the cathedral looks like at the moment:


In front of Cathedral

In front of Cathedral

Nice eh?? Still, like I say, it will be so much better when the tram line is completed as I am sure the pollution has an adverse effect on the cathedral. Plus, the cool thing is you get to see some history when they are doing this kind of work in the city. They always find something of historical value whenever they try to construct anything in the city. Consequently, most projects take years before they seem to get anywhere. However, it is interesting to watch as an outsider. Below are a couple more photos from the city. The first is of a view of the cathedral, the second just a random fountain (I have an obsession with photographs of fountains. Maybe one day I will set up a fountain blog, but then maybe five blogs is excessive!!).

View of Cathedral

Random fountain

Notice the bright, blue skies! Just a shame you can't feel the unbelievable heat that I am suffering at the moment!! ¡Hasta pronto mis amigos!
posted by korova @ 3:33 pm  
5 Comments:
  • At 9/05/2006 6:05 pm, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    damn, i think i'll have to postpone my visit to Seville. i was just getting ready to leave.

    hmph.

    anyhoo ... i'll be in London the last week of February and the first two weeks of March. it's SET.

     
  • At 9/05/2006 9:23 pm, Blogger korova said…

    Underneath that friendly exterior beats the heart of a sarcastic soul, eh aliemalie??!! Looks like it's watch out London, here comes AM!!!! :-)

     
  • At 9/06/2006 2:41 am, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    heh. yep! but under the sarcastic soul which is under the friendly exterior is a really nice warm, friendly heart.

    i can turn off the sarcasm if you'd like. after all, it'd be nice to meet you and Neath for a drink ... i would hate to piss y'all off to the point of y'all saying, "hell no."

    but y'all aren't in london, are you? i'll be traveling by train all around though ...

    ideas, ideas ...

    :)
    AM

     
  • At 9/06/2006 9:17 am, Blogger korova said…

    No we are out of London I'm afraid!! But you are close!! Anyway, I am not about to disclose where I am on my webpage....you'll have to email me for that kind of information!!!

     
  • At 9/06/2006 1:24 pm, Blogger The Neath said…

    Did somebody say 'drink?'

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates