<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Monday, September 18, 2006
Back to Work, and Other Things....
So, back to work today, YAY!! Actually, it is kinda nice to be back, surrounded by people that can understand me (or at least, so I think!!). It does, however, have its drawbacks. For example, not only did I have to get up early this morning, I also had to shave. Dammit. I hate shaving. When I am not at work, I tend to just let it grow for several days before trimming it back a little and letting it grow back again.

I only shave because I feel I have to for work. It is all part of my separation of my public life from my private life. You see, when I go to work I usually wear a shirt (and a tie in the winter) and dress reasonably smartly. When I am away from work, I look like a leftover from the grunge era. Ripped jeans, skaters shoes, t-shirt, plaid shirt etc. Not really suitable for my job (or, indeed, almost any job. Well, apart from grunge rock legend of course!!). I kinda like to have a separation between my two lives. In my private life I am very different from the life I show when I am at work (I guess we are all like that a bit). I guess the clothes I wear are a visible manifestation of my attempts to separate these two lives. It works for me anyway.

Today is also my wedding anniversary. Two years down the line, I don't know how my wife puts up with me. All those late nights in front of a computer screen, blogging away. Weird thing is, she doesn't seem too bothered about really doing anything or getting any presents. We went out last night for a curry, which was damn good, but that's about it. Of course, I bought her the obligatory bunch of flowers and some chocolates, but she seems quite happy with that. It's quite a difference from last year. For our first anniversary we stayed in a posh hotel (the room we stayed in was the very room the prince of Spain stayed in - seriously!!) on the coast of Cadiz and watched the sun set over the Atlantic from our balcony. Very romantic. Last night, we ate a curry and spent the night on a toilet. Not so romantic!! I hope this is not a metaphor for our marriage!! Somehow I doubt it. Thanks TC, you are amazing.
posted by korova @ 12:59 pm  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates