<

Up Here In My Tree

I'm trading stories with the leaves.

Book

Film

Album

Memory Bank

Other things
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Good Things in España
On reflection, I have probably given a rather one-sided view of Spain after my things I miss about England thing. So here are some things I love about being in Spain:

  • Gambas - Damn, I could eat those things all day and night. Neath, if you thought I was bad on strawberries, you ain't seen nothing yet.
  • Serrano ham - Pure heaven!!
  • An unlimited supply of beer - how good is that??!!
  • A virtual guarantee of sun!!
  • The fact that I am treated like a minor celebrity by friends and family as I am an exotic foreigner upon which everyone must practice their English.
  • Seville - one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen.
  • Fresh fish - Unlike England (which is weird given as the UK is an island), there is fish everywhere and it is a staple of the diet.
  • The friendly nature of the Spanish, which contrasts with the 'cold' English.
  • The history. Few places show the combination of Jewish, Christian and Islamic influences. Fascinating.

So there you go, I love it here. Shame the time has gone so quickly, I will be back in England by the end of the week.

posted by korova @ 6:44 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 9/13/2006 9:22 pm, Blogger The Neath said…

    Gambas- Korovas drug of choice.

    Are you as picky over the temperature of Gambas as you are over the temperature of Strawberries though?

     
  • At 9/13/2006 10:16 pm, Blogger korova said…

    In a word - Yes.

     
  • At 9/14/2006 2:13 pm, Blogger AlieMalie said…

    picky over the temperature of strawberries?

    wow.

    hey, Korova, you should come to Texas ... there's this little town here called Poteet that has a festival devoted solely to the strawberry ... and they're VERY good.

    :)
    AM

     
  • At 9/16/2006 7:08 pm, Blogger wes said…

    Did someone say something about beer? :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: korova
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Recently played
Previous Posts
Archives
Other Blogs
music quilt
further distractions
books I have read
On the MD/WMP

Stats

Powered By:

Powered by Blogger

Template by

Free Blogger Templates